Personal Information We May Collect
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Properties: Personal Information and Other Information.“ Personal Information” is information that identifies you or makes you identifiable as an individual. “ Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading “ OTHER INFORMATION”.
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Shopping Cart Content
Collection of Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information through the Properties in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the
- We may collect Personal Information through the Properties, for example, when you register for newsletters or other communications through the Properties, make a purchase or make a request.
- We may collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., if you provide information to us at a seminar or conference.
- From Other
- We may receive your Personal Information from
other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases; or
- marketing partners when they share information with us in the context of marketing and promotional campaigns related to our business.
- If you use your social media or other third party account to enter our sweepstakes, contest, or promotions or via an initiation to sign into such account on our Properties, you will share certain Personal Information from your third party account with us which may include, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that you make or which is otherwise accessible to us when you connect through such third party account.
- We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
You are not required by statute or contract to provide any Personal Information to us. For example, when you participate in various opportunities provided through the Properties, we collect Personal Information from you in order to enable you (or us) to complete your experience on the Properties.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers use Personal Information for the following business purposes including:
- Providing the
functionality of the Properties and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Properties’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request information about our Properties.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Properties and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To allow you to send messages (for example, links to blogs and course information) to a friend through the Properties. By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you
with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social
- To send you marketing communications, that we believe may be of interest to you if you have indicated that you would like to receive them (including, without limitation, by our third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising)
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- We will engage in this activity with your consent.
- Analysis of
Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Properties.
- To personalize your experience on the Properties using your IP address, by presenting content, products, and offers tailored to you.
- We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Allowing you to
participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
our business purposes.
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Properties;
- Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Properties are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Properties are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
- We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our
- Embody Your Mind, LLC is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Information.
- To our
third-party service providers (and in some cases, our affiliates), to facilitate
the services they provide to us
- These can include providers of services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
- By using the
Properties, you may elect to disclose Personal Information
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to
requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate
with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our members, you or others; or
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In connection
with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Properties to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Properties);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Properties or otherwise.
OTHER INFORMATION Other Information We May Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information (defined above) such as:
- Browser and device information
- Mobile App usage data
- Server log files
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
- Geographic location information
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you
- Information about how you use the Properties
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or your device: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of a Property that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing a Property and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may use to serve content and advertisements to the device.
- Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your device number.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Property by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Property, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Property. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Property usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Properties and determining your approximate geographic location.
- Using cookies: We and our
technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“ Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies to, among other
things, better serve you with more tailored information for our products and
services, and for those of third parties, facilitate your ongoing access to and
use of the Properties, and collect and store information about your use of the
Properties. For example, pixel tags and web beacons may be used in connection
with a Property to, among other things, track the actions of such Property’s
users, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about
such Property’s usage and response rates.
- Our Properties do not respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
- From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information to us. This information does not necessarily personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, unless further information is added to it that would allow identification to take place. In such case, the information will be treated as Personal Information.
- Information about how you interact on the Properties: We may collect information about how you interact on the Properties. For example, some Properties may utilize analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Properties. This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the most within a Property, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular artist.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We will use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions. We do not use Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information about you for marketing purposes.
You may opt-out from the following as set forth below:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates: If you do not want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving such emails either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receiving marketing-related SMS text messages from us and our affiliates: If you do not want to receive marketing-related SMS text messages from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving such messages by texting back “STOP” or by emailing us at email@example.com
In each case, please make clear in your email what you are opting-out from. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you do opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you. How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you previously provided to us, if you would like to object to our use of your Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Where our collection and use of Personal Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission regarding Personal Information.
The Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Properties.
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.
EmbodyYourMind, LLC D.B.A. embodyyourmind.com and integrativerehabpractice.com
4715 W Nebraska St
Tucson AZ 85757
Last Edited on 2019-03-18